I’m the Intuitive Eating dietitian for everyday people.
Whatever food and body image burdens you might be carrying, your whole self is welcome here.
You’ve just entered a gentle-but-powerful world of diet culture-busting, but if the whole idea of body liberation or eating intuitively still feels new to you, I completely understand.
These days I’m a weight-inclusive, anti-diet culture dietitian, but once upon a time I was actually the opposite. That’s right—like you, I was no stranger to the norms of diets and weight loss, and was taught to believe that lower-weight bodies were the epitome of “healthy.”
But whether you learned those messages through your family or the media (or even in professional training like I once did!), it is completely possible to un-learn them and step into a more supportive, actually nourishing way of being.
You could spend the rest of your life trying to please diet culture, but the rest of your life is exactly what it would take.
So if you’re ready for something different, Simply You Nutrition is ready for you.
Sydney Cavero-Egúsquiza, MS, RD/LD (she/her)
- 10 years of experience as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Certification in progress as Certified Eating Disorder Specialist
- BS and MS, Nutritional Sciences, Oklahoma State University
- Member of the International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians, Eating Disorder Registered Dietitians & Professionals, and the Association for Size Diversity and Health
And other unofficial titles I hold:
- Proud Diet Culture-Crusher
- Inclusivity Advocate
- Honorary Disney Cast Member (okay, not really, but I wish!)
I founded Simply You Nutrition with the belief that everyone deserves to feel safe and at home in their body.
Earlier in my career as a registered dietitian, I began to see how recommending diets and weight loss ignored some really important facts—all the ways that weight stigma, racism, and other systems of oppression actually harm our health. First I was frustrated, and then I got fired up, and Simply You Nutrition was born.
I believe deep in my bones that you should have access to inclusive care that celebrates all of who you are. This is your one-of-a-kind healing journey—you shouldn’t have to hide any parts of your identity or deal with the worry that judgment is standing between you and healing. When you choose me as your clinician, I show up to our relationship with all of the respect, encouragement, and insight I can possibly bring.
Above all, I’m here to help you find the freedom in learning to be simply you—joyfully, powerfully, uniquely yourself.
And here’s what we’re committed to.
Dietetics has historically taken a white-, cisgender-, and thin-centered approach to health with little awareness of intersecting forms of oppression and the ways they impact people’s well-being. Anti-fat bias, racism, genderism, ableism, and unequal access to care all influence health in profound ways, but dietetics has long prioritized weight loss as a blanket solution. Meanwhile, training for registered dietitians has historically focused exclusively on clinical expertise without consideration for clients’ own lived experiences and insights.
At Simply You Nutrition, we’re committed to changing dietetics for the better by standing against oppression and providing weight-inclusive care that recognizes every client as the individual they are.
We do this by…
- Centering your agency and autonomy and trusting you as the expert of you own body
- Embracing your identity, culture, and lived experiences, using these insights to provide more supportive and informed care
- Actively seeking out and implementing ongoing education about oppression, intersectionality, underrepresented cultures and identities, and the many -isms that marginalize people in our field and in our culture
- Offering equity pricing to help clients of different backgrounds, identities, and income levels access care
- Practicing an open-hearted, accountable approach to relationships, where we welcome and thank others for feedback, educate ourselves about ways to do better, and collaborate to help heal any harm when we misstep
We’re creating a brave space where everyday people can access food and body image healing, so that together we can create a world that celebrates all bodies and cares equitably for all people.
Are you in?
Take the next step in your food and body image healing journey with us.
Heal from disordered eating
Explore Intuitive Eating
Deepen my dietetics career